Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has called on missions from the International Criminal Court and international organizations to arrive in Bucha and other towns and villages in the Kyiv region as soon as possible to gather evidence of Russians committing war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Kuleba said this on Sunday, April 3, in an interview with the UK’s Times Radio, Vigilant reports, referring to the press service of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry.
“I call on the International Criminal Court and international organizations to send their missions to Bucha and other liberated towns and villages in the Kyiv region to gather all evidence of Russian war crimes as closely as possible in cooperation with Ukrainian law enforcement agencies,” Kuleba said.
He added that the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry had already sent a respective request to the International Criminal Court.
Kuleba stressed that this evidence will be used in international and foreign courts to bring to justice those who committed these atrocities.
He also spoke about the mass crimes of the Russian army in Ukraine, including murder, torture, looting, rape, and noted that hundreds of civilians had already been killed by the Russian occupiers.
“We are still collecting and looking for bodies, but there are already hundreds of them. Corpses are lying on the streets. They [Russian troops] killed civilians while staying in these villages and towns and while retreating from them,” he said.
According to Kuleba, it was impossible to imagine this in the 21st century, but “it is happening before our eyes.”
“Russia is worse than ISIS,” he said.
Kuleba stressed that bringing the perpetrators to justice is a matter of his life, which he will deal with until his last breath.