Russian information channels use it as yet another “proof” of the “Nazi” nature of the “Kyiv regime” and to promote anti-Ukrainian theses.
The report was so useful for the Kremlin that the number of mentions of Amnesty International and its report in the Russian media increased hundreds of times immediately after its appearance.
Amnesty’s report has already been used by the following Russian officials:
– infamous spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Maria Zakharova
– Russian Embassy in London
– the mission of the Russian Federation in Geneva.
– Permanent representative of the Russian Federation to the UN Vasiliy Nebenzya
The main topics of propaganda:
– Accusation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine of violating the rules and customs of war from the Amnesty report should equalize both sides of the conflict and shift the responsibility for civilian victims of Russian aggression to Ukraine.
– Amnesty’s report is used to spread a very important message for Russia about the “weariness of the West with Ukraine”.
– The blocking of Western military aid to Ukraine is very important for the Kremlin. Therefore, the Amnesty report and the statements from one of its authors, Donatella Rovera, were used for this purpose. At the same time russians keep promoting the topic of “theft” and “colossal losses” of equipment and weapons provided by the West to Ukraine.